This policy was last modified on April 23, 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at +1-617-952-4071.
What Information We Collect and How We Use This Information
In certain cases, we collect information through our websites that can personally identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, company name and position (“Personal Data”). This information may be provided directly by you, by one of our customers, or through an automated feed from another system.
Your Personal Data may be used:
- To contact you in connection with your registration or your use of our website(s) or our services;
- To contact you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions;
- To contact you otherwise if necessary;
- For the specific services or purpose for which it was volunteered;
- To ask your participation in brief surveys;
- To complete other transactions you may perform;
- To notify you about updates;
- To generate aggregate statistics;
- For other internal business purposes[, including without limitation to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites and services, to better understand our users, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage our websites, services and our business];
- As required by law or regulations or required by government authorities.
We collect certain non-identifiable information of visitors to our website(s), including without limitation Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser type, and other information that cannot be used to specifically identify you. We may use this non-identifiable information to help diagnose problems with service, prevent malicious activity, and administer our website(s), among other things, and as this information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not sell or trade your Personal Data with third parties. However, there are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
We use reasonable steps and security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. We continuously review and improve our processes, however, it is not possible to fully guarantee the security or integrity of the information you disclose online, and no internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to us via the internet.
You are provided an opportunity, at any time, to “opt-out” from receiving communications from us related to our products and services and/or request the removal of your contact information from our database by writing to us at our postal or email address. However, we cannot retract any previous disclosures made with your authorization, and we reserve the right to retain and disclose your information as permitted or required by law or regulation.
You can use our website without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain of our services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data through our website or services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to us through our website our services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Web Sites
International Privacy Laws
US-EU & US-Swiss Safe Harbor Programs
We participate in the US-EU & US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks covering the collection, use and retention of personal information gathered in the European Union member countries and Switzerland. Our participation means that we self-certify that we adhere to the Safe Harbor principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, integrity, access and enforcement with respect to such personal information. For more information about these frameworks and our participation in them, please visit the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor website. If you have any questions about our participation, please contact our Safe Harbor Privacy Contact at +1-617-952-4071, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write at the following address:
383 Elliot St., Suite G
Newton, MA 02464
TrialNetworks selected a third party to serve as an independent recourse mechanism (IRM). EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) will be used for any unresolved complains involving residents of their respective jurisdictions. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactory addressed by TrialNetworks, you may contact E.U. DPA panel at email@example.com or individual E.U. DPAs (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/index_en.htm). The contact information for Swiss FDPIC can be found at http://www.edoeb.admin.ch/index.html?lang=en.
Access to Information; Contacting Us
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via our website.
You may contact us as follows: